Boston Music Hall (January 8, 1863)
Carreño appeared in her second Boston concert with Miss Matilda Phillipps, Mr. Charles Elliott, and Herr Von Adelung. She performed a Nocturne, [op. 13] (Ravina, Jean Henri), Caprice-Polka and Gottschalk Waltz (Carreño, Teresa), Grande Fantaisie sur "Moise," op. 33 (Thalberg, Sigismond), and Caprice sur "Ernani" de G. Verdi, op. 31 (Prudent, Émile).
Concert began at 7:30 pm. Price of tickets was $0.50.
Springfield Weekly Republican, January 2, 1863.
The Bostonians have been enjoying some of the wonderful piano-playing of that little prodigy, Teresa Carreno. The papers say she has improved greatly since last year, when she created a genuine furore. Although only ten years old she performed such pieces as Gottschalk’s March de Nuit, Chopin’s Marche Funebre and some of Liszt’s most difficult paraphrases, as well as two little danzas of her own, which were highly commended. She was unfortunately prevented by a felon from completing her engagements in Boston [suffered an injury].
Boston Evening Transcript, January 5, 1863.
Teresa Carreno. In consequence of the great sensation created by the performances of the Wonderful Child Pianist, on Friday last, and in deference to general desire, it is respectfully announced that she will give One More Concert at the Boston Music Hall on Thursday Evening, January 8, 1863, assisted by eminent artists. An entire new programme will be presented on this occassion. Tickets 50 cents, with reserved seats, for sale at the music store of Henry Tolmann & Co., 291 Washington street.
Boston Evening Transcript, January 8, 1863.
Second Grand Concert of Teresa Carreno, the child pianist, at the Boston Music Hall, on Thursday Evening, January 8, 1863, assisted by the following Artists: Miss Matilda Phillips, Mr. Charles Elliott, Herr Von Adelung.
1. Introduction--Air and Brilliant Variations E. Perry - Violin and Piano.
2. Sirgi O Padre - Italian Song - Bellini - Miss Matilda Phillipps.
3. Nocturno in D flat - Ravinna - Teresa Carreno.
4. Thou art so near and yet so far - Reichardt - Miss Matilda Phillipps.
5. Grande Fantasie Sur Moise - Thalberg - Teresa Carreno.
6. Andante et Carnival de Venise - H. H. Ernest - Mr. Charles Elliott.
7. Ah S' Estinto Ancour mi Voul - Cavatina - Mercadante - Miss Matilda Phillipps.
8. Caprice sur Ernani - Prudent - Teresa Carreno.
9. My Heart is Breaking (Ballad) - E. Templar - Miss Matilda Phillipps.
10. a. Caprice, b. Valse Dedie a Gottschalk, (Composed by Teresa Carreno) - Teresa Carreno.
Tickets, with reserved seats, 50 cents. For sale at the music store of Henry Tolman & Co., 291 Washington street, and at the doors on the evening of the Concert. Doors open at 7 o'clock. Concert commences at 7 1/2 o'clock.